Tayne Law Group

Where Can You Report A Debt Collector For An Alleged Violation?

Report any problems you have with a debt collector or collection agency to your state Attorney General’s office as well as the Federal Trade Commission.

It is important to contact your local attorney general’s office because many states have their own debt collection laws, and your Attorney General’s office can help you determine your rights. The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357)